|North America’s Wild Mustangs Could Be Lost Forever
How many of us will ever forget the breathtaking image of a galloping herd of wild horses better known as “Mustangs” lead by a magnificent and spirited stallion? Young and old alike admire these horses, their beauty, intelligence and stamina the freedom they represent, and their struggle for survival. Wild horses have served us for centuries and were originally our only source of transportation. Since the inception of the automobile their numbers have drastically declined. Mustangs are an integral part of our history and culture. Now it’s our turn to protect them and ensure they are not lost forever.
How many of us are aware of the danger that these proud majestic animals face today?
There were once over 2 million wild mustangs roaming through out North America. Today they are diminishing at an alarming rate less than 27,000 remain in the wild, representing a mere 2%.
What is an Excess Mustang? Any Mustang or wild horse captured by the BLM over the age of ten or animals not adopted after three times, are considered by the U.S. Government to be excess. Currently there are more than 8,400 excess Mustangs in government holding pens waiting to be disposed of in the most economical fashion.
Did You Know! Wild Mustangs are still classified as invasive species or vermin. They are not recognized as a species worth protection. Their numbers are diminishing at an alarming rate. Like all wildlife, they too are innocent victims of hunting, habitant loss, politics, greed, urbanization and human encroachment.
Wild Horses and Mustangs are in desperate need of your help.
Their long-term survival depends on it.
Wild Hearts Horse Fund believes in preservation and conservation, not elimination. Together we can make a difference.
How? By Supporting Wild Hearts Horse Fund.
When you Support Wild Hearts Horse Fund it isn’t just about charity - it’s about your alliance with nature and your commitment to help preserve the future of Mustangs and Wild Horses for you and your family for generations to come.
Your personal, professional or corporate donation, sponsorship, bequest, cause marketing campaign or community fundraiser can help Wild Hearts Horse Fund achieve its mission.
Mission: Wild Hearts Horse Fund is committed to the Protection and Preservation of Mustangs and Wild Horses through, action, education, awareness and conservation.
Mandate: To educate, inspire and promote action that will ensure the humane treatment and long-term preservation of Mustangs and Wild Horses in jeopardy, through international awareness, education, land conservation, species reclassification and adoption programs.
Our Long Term Goals:
- To secure funding for a Mustang Education Centre and Wild Horse Sanctuary
- To acquire and relocate wild horses ("Mustangs") in jeopardy
- Create, manage and maintain sustainable natural habitats known as "Wild Horse Sanctuaries" through the purchase or lease or acquisition of suitable property and grazing lands for the development of WHHF Sanctuaries
- To provide and humanely care for WHHF Wild Horses and Mustangs
- Interactive community, business and educational initiatives
- Ongoing Global Public Awareness & Educational initiatives
- Purchase, lease, acquire property, grazing lands for WHHF Sanctuaries
- Conserve WHHF Sanctuaries for long term viability and ensure healthy eco systems within
- Release Mustangs on the Wild Hearts Horse Fund’s protected “Wild Horse Sanctuaries” to live out their lives in a natural environment
- Maintain natural wild horse herd structures and controlled population
- Rescue, Adoption, Sponsorship & Foal fostering programs
- Ongoing Mustang education and wild horse gentling clinics and seminars
- Encourage public and special interest /educational groups to study and learn about Mustangs in their natural habitants.
Please, get involved today, so you too can help preserve this threatened Species for generations to come. We look forward to developing specific programmes that will meet your needs and help protect these magnificent wild Mustangs. Donations and volunteers always welcome. Donations can be sent to:
Wild Hearts Horse Fund
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
CIBC Branch 02842
Account # 0974331
“The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.” - Charles Darwin